Friday 29 July 2011

Joy Pockets

This week has just flown by.  We've been a tad busy and social.  We've done Health Visitor visits and Baby activity groups and that was just yesterday!  I find myself sitting and wondering just what happened at the beginning of the week because the rest of the week has filled my tired brain and helped me forget.  With no further ado, here are my Joy Pockets... the ones I remember anyway.


  • Seeing medical professional coo over my baby
  • Baby's first activity arch/play gym - a bargain and he LOVES it.  Well, as much as a 6 week old can love anything.
  • Having to catch my trousers when I sneeze - they are my pre-pregnancy jeans and they are a tad big these days.
  • Putting together pictures of the Cub to send to his Great-Grandma.
  • Seeing my Cub in his fluffy reusable nappies.  Unfortunately, my camera has vanished so no photo evidence was possible.


Next week we have are leaving Cub with a trusted childminder so hubby and I can go to the cinema.  I'm really looking forward to going out but dreading leaving the Cub.  So, THIS is what separation anxiety feels like.

12 comments:

Sherry said...

Everything with a baby is joy...I miss those days but just thinking about them makes me smile. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

is this your first little one?
i sure know those blurred days feeling, :)
glad to hear it went well with the HV.

3+ years and I still haven't mine! lol

thanks for linking up!

Kitty said...

Sherry: Thanks for commenting! The littlest things the Cub does fills me with joy. A smile as I walk in the door really does make my day. As does watching him sleep (although that may be relief too, lol)

Monica: This is my first baby. Everything is still so new and shiny and frankly scary too. I've said it before, I really love the Joy Pockets meme. Thanks for popping over.

carol l mckenna said...

So glad to 'meet you' ~ love your 'joys' ~ and 'your cub' ~ hope you will post a picture of him ~ yes getting back in 'social life' is anxiety provoking when leaving your little one ~ good for you and him and your husband to have time ~ little babies need lots of care and so do you! Enjoy! namaste, Carol ^_^


New to Joy Pockets ~ Hope to see you at my blog ~

http://www.acreativeharbor.com/

Raindrops and Daisies said...

What a wonderful time for you!

Enjoy every minute of it.

Lovely Joy Pockets.

Really lovely.

Amanda said...

Congratulations on the little one!! My youngest just turned 3 in May - I so miss those tiny, newborn days. Cherish every day - they go fast.

Wonderful pockets!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can clearly remember the first weeks and month with my little baby (she is 21/2 now). I found it all very hard. I also used cloth diapers with her. Still have them, but use them now for cleaning and art projects. Very versatile things :)
Have anice weekend

mandy l. smith said...

Lovely joys, may they keep on coming :)

Anonymous said...

thank you for visiting my blog and congrats on your baby ;-)

Local Yokel said...

Well, time flying is a good sign, as it means you must be having fun!

Have fun on your first baby-less outing - you've earned it!

I've totally gotta see that smile :)

Kitty said...

Sgnr P: We gotta get together. Ive lost my camera somewhere so no photos possible yet of the smile so you are gonna have to see it in person. Such a hardship, huh?

Little Dotty Bird said...

Its quite scary how broody I get when I read about other peole and their babies! The first few months are so special. Its magical to see them first noticing that they have arms and then that they can grab and swing at things, I loved watching mine play with their playgym.
Thanks for visiting my blog, ive just posted a link to the recipe for chocolate banana cake that I made last week. Luckily I found the original still on the web! Peace x