Friday 26 August 2011

Joy Pockets

Wow.  What a busy, hectic and fun few weeks we have had.  I think I may have left my brain in bed some days but its been good.  You know its bad when you have to check your diary in order to remember what you did.

Ive missed a couple of weeks of Joy Pockets so here is a quick round up of the Joys from a couple of weeks ago:

  • Watching the Cub attempt to belly wriggle his way across my bed - he got nowhere fast but had lots of fun
  • Getting a new mobile phone - My old phone was regularly freezing me so when we had some spare(!) cash I got a new one. Its black and shiny and helps me send text messages to the wrong people.
  • Unexpectedly receiving money we were owed - Its a nice feeling to look at your balance and get a nice surprise for a change.


Joy Pockets for this week are:

  • Reconnecting with old friends
  • Spending a sunny day in the park with friends
  • Making progress with the Naming Day arrangements - we have a venue and a guest list!
  • Cub sleeping longer at night again
  • Making plans so I can get back to quilting
  • Taking a day to ourselves
  • Family trips out to the farm (and my best friend showing just how much of a city girl she really is)
  • Watching (and helping) the Cub play with a new toy




What are your Joys for this week?

Joy Pockets are a chance to look back over your week and recognise the small joys that life brings us.  This is fun when you have had a good week and picks you up on a bad week.  Join in the fun over at Bohemian Twilight where the lovely and inspiration Mon hosts this meme and explains it all much better than I do.

8 comments:

Marie at the Lazy W said...

Wonderful list! Cracked me up with the new phone helping you text the wrong people bit...LOL

Your Cub is just beautiful. Enjoy every day, they pass by more andmore quickly all the time, but I bet you know that. xoxo

Nice to meet!

Raindrops and Daisies said...

Beautiful baby and lovely joy pockets.

Good luck getting to grips with the new phone!


Fiona

Unknown said...

sweet and funny! love your joy pockets. I'm not a Pagan- I'm a Christian and just a mom sending you some love and well wishes! I haven't met too many professing Pagans- I look forward to exploring your blog. :)

Unknown said...

"Unexpectedly receiving money we were owed"
now that never hurts does it? :)

"Cub sleeping longer at night again"
well, as s leep-deprived mother going on 3.5 years, hurruh to that!!

carol l mckenna said...

Love your Joy Pockets and your baby is, of course, Beautiful! namaste, Carol (A Creative Harbor)

Anonymous said...

Aww, what a sweet little babe. And as someone who is right there with you, I fully understand the joys of longer sleep (my one has started going an extra hour this week too- YES!).

Laughed out loud at the mobile phone one!

Cinnamon owl said...

First time visiting your blog- found you through Bohemian Twilight.

Love your pockets - my favorites is family trips to the farm! How fun for all of you!

Andrea said...

Your Cub is so adorable. Glad to hear he's sleeping longer!